Why Buy Now?
- Although a home is shelter in its most basic form it is also a proven long term investment.
- Abnormal swings in recent years have changed the market, low interest rates and stabilized prices do attract many buyers to our area.
- Lessons learned during the housing bust have almost eliminated risky mortgage products.
- The desire to own a home has not diminished by the down turn in our industry.
- Pride of ownership and commitment to community continue to enhance our towns and villages.
- Most home owners enjoy stable housing costs with a fixed rate mortgage while typical rents increase at a rate of 3% per year.
- Studies show that homeowners may feel more in control of their lives.
- Home equity contributes to a homeowners net worth.
- Social benefits of homeownership include: educational achievement, health benefits, civic participation and lowered crime rates.
*Stats taken from NAR in April 2011